Adventures in the Land of Wendy

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Cheryl receiving the final touches of her moko

Tena koe! On June 26th of 2006, amidst our Scottsdale Community College cultural and art exchange in New Zealand (Aotearoa), we had the honor of receiving moko from the best, Rangi Kipa. Cheryl was at the end of hers and Jo Tito was the angel on the shoulder supporting her. The pattern was created by Rangi and is called whaititiri taa papa (lightning strikes the earth). The moko is absolutely gorgeous! It was a beautiful event. It was a priviledge to be a part of this journey. We are forever changed. This is a tiny sliver of the experience captured on video by myself, as I was entrusted to document Cheryl's experience. I am grateful to have been offered this duty and want to share some moments with whoever may be interested. kia ora

7 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Jay Dedman said...

i liked the sound of the tatoo machine. you did a great job embedding the video in the page. more videos please.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great start. I'm ready to see more of Phoenix through your lens!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Enric said...

It was fun seeing Cheryl and you working on this Vlog and the result!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiaora Wendy Wendy!

Nga mihi aroha ki a koe otira ki a koutou.

That would have been a special moment for Cheryl and for you to capture it on video has given her and all of us a record of this special moment in time.

I do look like an angel don't I? I didn't recognise it until I heard my voice at the end and thought "Thats me!") Then I had another look.

Perspective and how we see things can determine whether or not we can capture these special moments. If only we change our way of looking at the world we will realise that all is already right in front of us ne? But you are a special woman anyway Wendy who sees the world from her own unique eyes...I look forward to more inspiration from you.

Arohanui
Jo

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Faux Press said...

Happy Birthday!

And many more.

Welcome to the vlogosphere.

Echo? More! More!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy,

This is Jason from Oly. Your adventures look amazing.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey choochie,
i am looking somewhere for you my little sweet potato.... i miss you.


l.r.i.t.p.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home